The following is a summary of the Deed Restrictions in force and effect for all residents and homeowners of Arlington Heights. The original document is located at Volume 3811, page 478, document ID 008-05-1106..
STATE OF TEXAS }
COUNTY OF HARRIS }
KNOW ALL MEN BY THESE PRESENTS:
- All of the lots affected by these restrictions shall be used for residential purposes only and no part of any lot affected hereby shall be used for any type of business.
- Parts of two or more adjoining lots facing the same street in the same block may be designated as one homesite provided the lot frontage shall not be less than the minimum frontage of lots in the same block facing the same street.
- The exterior walls of all residences, exclusive of gables, shall be 65 percent brick, brick veneer, stone, stone veneer, concrete or other masonry type of construction, but with it being understood that this other type of masonry construction does not include asbestos shingles or other similar fireproof boarding; and it is also understood that the entire rear walls, exclusive of gables, of all homes constructed on Lot Nos. 1 through 19, Block No. 10, and on Lot Nos. 1 and 2, Bloc, No. 11, shall be 100 percent brick, brick veneer, stone, stone veneer, concrete or other masonry type of construction. Roofs to be of good shingles, slate, tile or Thermo Roof, but not to include composition shingles.
- No trade or business and no noxious or offensive activity shall be carried on upon any lot or tract, nor shall anything be done thereon which shall be or become an annoyance or nuisance to the neighborhood, and no cattle, rabbits, swine, horses, sheep, goats or other livestock or fowl, shall be kept on any part of said property, but this shall not prohibit the keeping of dogs or cats as personal pets, but the keeping of such pets shall not be done in such a way as to be obnoxious or offensive to the neighborhood or the adjoining property owners.
- No trailer, basement, tent, shack, garage, barn, or other similar building erected on any of said property shall be used at any time as a residences either temporarily or permanently, nor shall any structure of a temporary rcahracter b used as a residence.
- No structure shall be erected, altered, placed or permitted to remain on any lot other than a single-family swelling and a private garage. There may be servants’ quarters in connection with the garage. The floor area of the main swelling exclusive of porches, garages and servants’ quarters shall contain no less than 1,300 square feet in the case of a one-story dwelling and not less than 1,300 square feet in the case of a two-story dwelling, with the Cape Code Architecture or other one and one-half-story Architecture being classed as two stories. Any dwelling which does not comply with these provisions shall be made to comply or shall be removed from said lot.
- No building shall be located nearer to the front line or nearer to the side street line than the building set-back lines as shown on the recorded plat. No building shall be located nearer than five (5) feet to any inside lot line except that the said line restriction shall not apply to a detached garage or other out building. Detached garages, or other out buildings, shall be located at least three (3) feet from the side line. No main dwelling shall be located on any interior lot nearer than 25 feet to the rear lot line.
- No fence, wall, hedge, or mass planting shall be permitted to be nearer to any street than the minimum building set-back line.
- No sign of any kind shall be displayed to the public view on any lot except one sign of not more than five (5) square feet advertising the property for sale or rent, or sign used by a builder to advertise the property during the construction and sale period.
- No oil drilling, oil development operations, oil refining, quarrying or mining operations of any kind shall be permitted upon or in any lot, nor shall oil wells, tanks, tunnels, minerals excavations or shafts be permitted upon or in any lot. No derrick or other structures designed for use in boring for oil or natural gas shall be erected, maintained, or permitted upon any lot.
- No lot shall be used or maintained as a dumping ground for rubbish. Trash, garbage, or other waste shall not be kept except in sanitary containers. All incinerators or other equipment for the storage or disposal of such materials shall be kept in a clean and sanitary condition.
- No building, whether a residence or otherwise, shall be moved on to a lot affected hereby.
- Grass, weeds, and vegetation on each lot sold shall be kept mowed at regular intervals so as to maintain the same in a neat and attractive manner. Until a home or residence is built on a lot, Bob Harris, Inc., or its representatives may, at its option, have the grass, weeds, and vegetation cut when and as often as the same is necessary in its judgment, and may have dead trees, shrubs, and plants removed from the property and the owner of said lot or tract of land shall be held by the acceptance of a deed thereto to be obligated to pay and reimburse it for the cost of such work.
- An easement for utility installations and maintenance thereof and ingress and egress of the grantor and all others authorized to make such installations and maintain the same is reserved over the property covered by said easements as shown by the recorded plat of each property and the easements affecting said lots are reserved as shown on said recorded plan and in accordance with same, whether such easement is over the rear property line or over the side property line. Said utility easements are for all utilities now of hereafter to be installed in said locations according to custom and usage from time to time. The utilities may be placed upon the streets as designated on said plat as said street may be used for utilities as well as for traffic and other street purposes.
- Violations of any restriction, condition or covenant affecting any lot as provided for herein shall give Bob Harris, Inc. the right to enter upon said property where said violation exists and summarily abate or remove the same at the expense of the owner and such entry and abatement or removal shall nto be deemed a trespass and the remedy provided for herein shall be cumulative of and in addition to all other remedies which Bob Harris, Inc. may have, and not in lieu thereof and shall be in addition to the remedies of the other property owners affected by these restrictions and covenants.
- Bob Harris, Inc. shall have the right to modify these restrictions with reference to location or set-back of any of the improvements, and the direction which they shall face to such extent as it deems in the best interest of the property covered hereby as a whole, but such modification shall be in writing.
- No truck, bus, or trailer shall be left parked in the street in front of any lot except as construction or repair equipment while a house, or houses, are being built, or repaired in the immediate vicinity and no truck, bus, or trailer shall be left parked in any driveway or other portion of the lot except inside of a garage.
EXECUTED this the 5th day of July, A.D., 1956.
BOB HARRIS, INC.
/S/ Robert F. Harris, president
NOTE: This is a summary of all 4 portions of Arlington Hts. A copy of this original for each section can be obtained from Harris County records.