Download the PDF below. The entire Constitution is reproduced for your convenience here.
CONSTITUTION OF ARLINGTON HEIGHTS CIVIC CLUB OF HOUSTON, TEXAS
ARTICLE I. NAME AND PURPOSE
1. The name of this organization shall be “Arlington Heights Civic Club.”
2. The purpose of this organization shall be to promote the general civic welfare of the residents of the Arlington Heights addition to the City of Houston, Texas.
ARTICLE II. OFFICERS
1 . The Executive Committee shall consist of the existing Officers and any additional members appointed by the Committee with approval of the Club.
2. The Officers of this organization shall be President, Vice-President, Recording Secretary, Corresponding Secretary, and Treasurer.
3. The Officers shall be elected annually from the members and by the members of the Club.
4. The duties of the Officers shall be as provided in the Bylaws.
ARTICLE Ill. QUORUM
Ten (10) shall constitute a quorum. If a quorum is not present, the Executive Committee will have the ability to make decisions.
ARTICLE IV. AMENDMENT
This Constitution may be amended at any regular or special meeting by a majority of the membership, provided that any amendment shall have been submitted in writing to the membership at least one week prior to the meeting.
ARTICLE V. BYLAWS
Details of Club operation not provided for in the Constitution shall be so provided for in the Bylaws.
» CONSTITUTION OF ARLINGTON HEIGHTS CIVIC CLUB, Page 2
I. Deed Restriction Committee
A. Purpose of Committee:
1. Review restrictions and hear complaints.
2. Review reported violations,
3. Attempt to establish facts and request voluntary compliance.
4. Submit results to the Civic Club or Executive Committee for whatever action it deems necessary. This includes documented evidence and legal opinion and estimated cost of possible course of action.
5. Upon approval of the Executive Committee the violation will be referred to the City of Houston Legal Department for the necessary action. If the City fails to pursue the violation; and upon approval of the Civic Club, the violation will be referred to an attorney for legal action and appropriate funds shall be allocated to cover such.
Also, notification will be submitted to the City Attorney.
6. The attorney will issue a letter of final warning, and if compliance is not obtained within the required time, will proceed to file suit.
II. PAID SECURITY PROGRAM
A. Purpose of Committee:
1. The purpose of this committee is to over-see the total operations of the program. This will include supervising the Officers on duty, following up on resident complaints, and notifying the residents annually to participate financially in the paid Security program.
a) Shall supervise the execution of the Paid Security Program.
b) Shall supervise the Officers while on duty.
c) May countersign all checks.
a) Shall deposit Paid Security Program funds in a local bank in the name of Arlington Heights Civic Club paid Security.
b} Shall sign all checks for disbursing Paid Security Program funds.
c) Shall act as chairman of the Collection Sub-Committee who will be responsible for notifying the residents annually to participate financially in the Paid Security Program.
d) Shall submit to the Executive Committee, at the end of February, financial statement showing the condition of the Paid Security Program. This statement shall be audited annually by members of the Executive Committee.
e) In the absence of the Chairperson, the Treasurer will act on their behalf.
» CONSTITUTION OF ARLINGTON HEIGHTS CIVIC CLUB, Page 3
a) Shall assist the Treasurer in the discharge of his duties.
b) May countersign all checks disbursing Paid Security Program funds.
c) Shall be a member of the Collection Sub-Committee.
d) In the absence of both the Chairperson and Treasure, the Vice Treasurer will act in their behalf.