The governing body of Arlington Heights Civic Club consists of a board of directors. From the Civic Club Bylaws:
CHAPTER II. DUTIES OF OFFICERS
1. Shall preside at all meeting of the Club and Executive Committee.
2. Shall supervise the execution of the programs adopted by the Club.
3. Shall receive all communications and supervise all correspondence for the Organization.
4. Shall vote only in case of a tie vote and for the election of Officers.
5. Shall sign a« checks for disbursing Club funds.
6. Shall have the authority to disburse funds for usual Club operations $0 to $300.00 without approval; $300.00 to $1,000.00 without approval one time; after one time unanimous approval by all elected officers. Over $1,000.00 needs a vote at the Civic Club meeting.
7. Shall not contract for the Club, except as provided by the Club.
8. If the President and Vice President are unable to attend a meeting, the President may appoint a temporary Chairperson for the evening.
B. VICE PRESIDENT
l. Shall assist the President in the discharge of their duties.
2. Shall preside in the absence of the President or at the request of the President.
3. When acting as President, shall have all the powers and be subject to all restrictions of the President.
C. RECORDING SECRETARY
1. Shall keep a true and correct record of all the proceedings and minutes of the organization.
D. CORRESPONDING SECRETARY
1. Shall be responsible for preparation and distribution of a least 4 up to 6 newsletters per year under the supervision of the President, and for notifying member of all meetings.
1. Shall deposit Club funds in a local bank, in the name of the Arlington Heights Civic Club.
2. Shall keep and account for all money, credits, and property of the Club, and report on finances at each meeting.
3. Shall countersign all checks disbursing Club funds.
4. At the end of each term of office, shall render a formal statement of the account of this organization as of the date of expiration of said term, and inscribe thereon, under oath before a Notary Pub1ic of Harris County, State of Texas, that the statement is a true and correct account of the financial condition so described of the Arlington Heights Civic Club.
1. When the assets of this Club exceeds $1,000.00, the disbursing Officers and counter slgnee’s of both the Civic Club and the Paid Security Program shall be placed under bond.
1. An officer of this Club may be recalled from office and the office declared vacant by a majority vote of the members present at a meeting, providing that the Officer and membership are notified of the intention to recall at least one (1) week prior to the meeting.
1. The President may appoint a Parliamentarian to advise on procedure in conducting the meetings. The Parliamentarian will not rank as an officer of the Club. Robert’s Rules of Order shall be used as authority on procedure at Club meetings.